Device Repair & Troubleshooting
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
Data Management, Backup, & Recovery
- Provide advice on the ITS backup and storage services.
- Manage and maintain the backup systems.
- Ensure backups are run to schedule and retention is met.
- Verify all full backup jobs.
- Maintain an audit trail of backups and restores.
- Provide reports on job success/failure. Raise event alerts.
- Perform file restore operations as required.
Network & Connectivity
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions